Thank You to our Adult Sport East Sponsor
NC Fusion response to COVID-19
Dear NC Fusion families,
Since our last communication earlier this week regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), there have been fast-moving developments related to the virus and a growing public health concern.
After careful and thorough consideration, we are suspending all sports-related activities until Wednesday, April 1st. Effective immediately, all training, games, tournament participation, supplemental programs, outreach programs, and any other organized club activity are suspended until, at least, April 1, with the potential of extending.
We have spent the past few days outlining a plan in the event this decision was necessary. Our intent is to restart training and all activity beginning April 1st and extend the season through May to reschedule games, host tournaments, extend time for supplemental training, and ensure that teams can play their full season. As of now, all tryout dates and other club events scheduled after April 1st are still in place. There will be modifications made on the calendar to accommodate the suspension period and to extend the season. More information will be shared from program directors in the coming weeks, and as we continue to monitor developments in our community.
Please be patient with us and allow us time to plan accordingly during a time of uncertainty that we can’t control. We ask that you please hold your questions for several weeks because we certainly won’t have all the answers sorted.
We hope that through a collective effort across our sport, community, state, country, and world, we can help limit the spread of this virus. We understand this is a tough time for all, but the health, safety, and well-being of our families and our entire community is our greatest concern.
We will communicate weekly with you all as we navigate through this time and make decisions on when it is safe to return to the fields.
*Indoor Winter Session 2 Info/Registration (Scroll below Spring Info)
** Spring Season kicks off March 15th (updated 3/2)
2020 NC Fusion East (GUSA) Adult Spring League
March: 15, 22, 29
April: 5, 19, 26
May: 3, 17
Make Up Date: May 25
(8) guaranteed games
(6) Regular season (2) Playoff Games (Applicable Divisions)
Bryan Park Soccer Complex (Primary)
Smith Athletic Complex (Secondary)
Coed: 8 v 8 (12-14 players/team)
Open 2: 11 v 11
Over 45: 11 v 11
Over 55: 7 v 7
Shirts Provided by the League (For new Players)
$40 2nd Team Registration fee
*Includes 3 v 3 Tournament Entry Fee (June 6th Event)
Players who participated in the 2019 Summer or Fall or the 2020 Winter Indoor Sessions will need to log in to their existing account by clicking on the “Register” button at the top of the Adult Sports page on the website: https://adult.ncfusion.org/ Make sure you click on “Already have an account? Sign In here!” at the bottom of the white box.
Players who did not participate in the 2019 Summer or Fall or the 2020 Winter Indoor Session will need to create a new account by clicking on the “Register” button at the top of the Adult Sports page on the website: https://adult.ncfusion.org/ You will be asked to upload your birth certificate (a blank document can be used instead)
2019-2020 Sportsplex Fusion Adult Indoor Winter League
**WINTER REGISTRATION IS OPEN (SCROLL DOWN)
Winter League 2:
Coed: Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27 | March 5, 12 (Thursday Night Games)
(6) Game Season
7:00 – 9:10 Kick off times (Games times are subject to change)
Greensboro Sportsplex (2400 16th St. | Greensboro, NC 27405)
5 v 5 (8-10 players/team)
Please bring both a white and dark t-shirt to each game (unless otherwise notified)
- Absolutely no foul language.
- No Fighting—will result in expulsion from remainder of season.
- No spitting.
- No gum.
- No jewelry allowed.
- No metal cleats/studs.
- Team can play with one less player than required, otherwise a 3-0 forfeit will result.
- Games are played with a Futsal ball
- 5 v 5 (including GK)
- On any indirect kick, opposing players must stand 3 yards away from spot of ball.
- No punting allowed.
- No sliding at all! GK may do so when making a save inside the penalty box
- Shin guards and soccer socks required.
- Balls that hit the netting will re-enter field with an indirect kick from spot where ball hit the net. NO DIRECT SHOTS.
- Ball contacting ceiling will be as out-of-bounds and played as an indirect kick beneath point of contact. NO DIRECT SHOTS.
- Goals are not allowed from kickoff.
- No offsides.
- Yellow Cards result in sitting off for 2 minutes. The team may substitute the player.
- Red cards will result in a team’s loss of player on the field for 2 minutes. Carded player will not be allowed back into the game and may be suspended multiple games depending on offense. 2 yellow cards in a game equal a red card. 5 yellow cards in a season result in a red card for the next game.
- Fouls occurring within the Keeper Box by the defending team will result in a penalty kick. The rewarded team will designate one player to take a “break-away” from midfield. The kick is 5 seconds in duration and is only between the attacking player and opposing GK
- 2 (23) minute halves | (2) minute halftime break
- Absolutely NO checking any player into the wall!
- Doors always need to stay closed and locked unless a substitution is being made right then
- GK may only use his hands when the ball is in the penalty area. GK must play the ball with his feet if passed back on the ground by a teammate
- “Sub on the fly rule”—Don’t abuse the rule for a competitive advantage
- Language: Any cursing will result in a yellow card for the 1st offense, red card for the 2nd
$600/Team (Maximum | Ten Players)/ Winter Session
Players who participated in the 2019 Summer or Fall League will need to log in to their existing account by clicking on the “Register” button at the top of the Adult Sports page on the website: https://adult.ncfusion.org/ Make sure you click on “Already have an account? Sign In here!” at the bottom of the white box.
Players who did not participate in the 2019 Summer or Fall League will need to create a new account by clicking on the “Register” button at the top of the Adult Sports page on the website: https://adult.ncfusion.org/ You will be asked to upload your birth certificate (a blank document can be used instead)